- Internet Access: One Hour Limit if others waiting. 14 Computers available
- Gaming: PlayStation (3, 4), Xbox 360
- Free Wi-Fi
First 10 pages free; customer must provide own paper when printing in excess of 10 pages.
We have iPads available at the circulation desks for check out. You can use them for work, study, entertainment and to access our online resources.
CMC Reading List
All available titles on the Commandant of the Marine Corps reading list, including available audiobooks.
Military Reading Lists
Books from the Civilian Marine Leadership, Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps Reading List, and Navy Professional Reading Program.
United Through Reading Service
Patrons can record themselves reading books or greetings to family members back home.
Book Drop Box
You can return books using the drop box when the library is closed. The drop box is located at the front entrance of the building.
Paperback Exchange Program
Please bring one and take one paperback of your choice.
Inter-Library Loan Program
- If the book or video you need is not in our library, you can borrow it from any other MCCS library on Okinawa, provided they have it. Please come to the circulation desk and fill out the inter-library loan request. The book will be delivered within 5-7 working days. The staff will notify you by phone or e-mail when your book has arrived.
- MCCS Library Collection-Books, Videos, DVDs, CDs, Audio books, reference books, study materials, and PlayStation/Xbox Games.
- Study Materials- MCI study guides, ASVAB, ACT, CLEP, DANTES, SAT, GED, GRE, GMAT study guides
- Language CD and Books- Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Arabic, Tagalog, Russian, Italian, French, Spanish, German
ONLINE CATALOGS & DATABASES
- EBSCO and GALE databases offer dozens of electronic resources for educational and recreational needs.
- Transparent Language Online - Online Courses in over 100 languages!
- Universal Class – Over 500 free online classes monitored by professors and offering continuing education units (not the same as college credits, however).
- Overdrive allows users to download thousands of ebooks, including all available ebook editions of the Commandant of the Marine Corps reading list. Audiobooks are available for download as well.
- ProQuest - Full text articles from more than 4,000 periodicals and newspapers.
- Morningstar offers access to financial resources to help you prepare for your future.
- Peterson’s DoD MWR Libraries makes available resources to help you further your education.
- Navy MWR Digital Library offers access to dozens of databases and thousands of ebooks, audiobooks and more!
- Small Engine Repair Reference Center offers technical assistance for small engines of all types.
- OneClick Digital provides access to thousands of ebooks, both fiction and nonfiction.
- World Book Online makes available several educational databases and resources.
- Annals of American History provide access to historical American documents.
- science.gov provides access to authoritative government science research.
- Britannica Online offers online access to the Britannica Encyclopedia.
- Air University Library Index to Military Periodicals
- Chilton Library offers automotive assistance.
- The Library of Congress American Memory
- Ben's Guide for U.S. Government for Kids
- US Government Printing Office Resources
- Spanish Reference Center
- College Source Online
- World Data Analyst
- Tumble Books
- Ebsco eBooks
- Graphic Novels
- Games for Xbox 360, Xbox One, Playstation 3 & 4
- Music CDs
- Playaway audiobooks
- USMC/USN Professional
- All materials borrowed from MCCS Libraries are 3 week check outs.
- Unlimited Books
- 10 DVDs per family
- 10 CDs per family
- 10 Audio Books per family
- 10 Playaways per family
- 2 Video Games per family
- Reference Books and magazines cannot be checked out
- All items may be renewed by phone if not more than 5 days overdue and there are no other requests for the item.
- Sponsor is responsible for lost or damaged materials.
- Replacement items must be identical or similar in content. Contact Library Manager first before replacement is ordered / purchased to determine best options for the libraries and customer.
Who can register?
- Active duty
- Family members w/ SOFA
- Local Nationals (base employees only)
What do I need?
- Work/home address
- Work and/or personal email address
- Valid DOD I.D. card
- PSC or Unit address
- Home, Work & Cell Phone Numbers
Where can we register?
- Any MCCS library in Okinawa or Camp Fuji and Camp Mujuk, Korea. After registering, you will be registered within all MCCS libraries in Okinawa!